The Basic Traffic Rules To Follow The traffic in India keeps to the justify. So,…
The Precautions To Take While Driving On-Road
Safety Precautions: Before Leaving For A Road Trip
- Get a minimum of six hours of sleep the night before a trip. Lack of it increases the chances of fatigue. For the same reason, do not work or participate in an activity the night before.
- If you are ill or emotionally stressed, do not plan a trip. They cause tiredness too.
- A road trip must be prepared. It includes route, rest stops, and refueling.
- Get the car checked for road-worthiness. It includes:
- Stop Lights
- Wiper Blades
- Steering Wheel
- Exhaust System
- Tires And Pressure
- Coolant, Oil Or Fuel Leaks
- The car should have a spare wheel in working condition along with a serviceable jack.
- Do not store any flammable liquid such as petrol or diesel.
Safety Guidelines: While Traveling On A Road Trip
- Take a short break every two hours. Fifteen minutes is good enough.
- Do not eat heavy food while driving as they make you sleepy.
- A good pair of sunglasses help prevent eye fatigue and sun glare.
- Never drink any alcohol while driving a car on a road trip.
- A little bit of fatigue is increased to a lot if the vehicle is very cold or very warm.
- Try to have a companion on the road trip. It will divide the driving time and give you someone to talk to on long stretches of boredom.
- When there is no companion, try to listen to music or radio to get rid of sleepiness.
- From one to five am; the body is in downtime. Do not drive during this phase.
- Always keep the seatbelt on.
- Do not go over the speed limit. If it is rainy season and roads are wet, go slow.