Several statistics clearly show that seat belts safeguard lives. If it utilized correctly, it reduces…
5 Reasons For Wearing A Seat Belt During A Car Ride
Some Statistics To Prove The Need Of Seat Belts
Back in 2014, over 9300 people died because they were unbuckled. This figure includes only those fatalities that occurred in the US and to passenger vehicle occupants. The worldwide number is much, much higher. To give you a reference on how useful seat belts are: more than 63,000 people were saved because they were utilizing a seat belt between 2010 and 2014.
All in all, a seat belt can be the difference between a life lost and a life saved. Let’s look at some of the reasons for wearing a seat belt is essential.
- A car passenger is likely to turn into a projectile during an accident if they are not wearing a seatbelt. The unbuckled rider can be thrown out of the side, front or rear window to their death.
- Severe accidents are those which result in the car rolling over. A passenger wearing a seat belt in such an instance is more likely to survive as it prevents ejection. The odds of coming out alive are 45% if there is a proper safety device.
Why A Seat Belt Is Essential?
- Road accidents occur every day. Majority of them end in a fatality. The ones which do not generally have passengers who were using a seat belt.
- 44% of passengers sitting in the rear seat are more likely to come out alive of an accident if they are utilizing a shoulder plus lap safety belts. In case the vehicle is an SUV or van, the probability rises to 73%.
- Even big vehicles like pickup trucks are not free from danger. Almost 45% of fatalities that happen in truck accidents are due to lack of a seat belt.