Safety devices are essential for your everyday life. Several accidents occur every day and appropriate…
Shipping Racks- Features, Benefits & Types
Shipping racks are the storage systems to hold goods while shipping. These racks streamline the entire transportation operations and decrease the problems in a workflow. Customization is possible with shipping racks to meet the client’s needs and requirements. These racks are foldable, and to realize their significance, check out the Donracks’ slotted angle racks Chennai (https://www.donracks.co.in/heavy-duty-industrial-slotted-angle-racks/) facility right away without any further delay. Keep reading to find out more about the benefits, features and materials used in making shipping racks. A deep insight into the shipping racks will help you understand the importance of these racks with every transit.
Features of Shipping Racks
- Allow stacking of empty racks
- Secure goods with integrated locking system
- Permits effortless loading and unloading with 4-way fork trucks
- Have a long life
- Provides various sizes
Types of Shipping Racks
The various types of shipping racks are aluminium, medium carbon steel and stainless steel. They provide easy storage by maximizing the available space and are always constructed as foldable. Shipping racks are popularly called collapsible containers, and they have great robustness to handle heavyweight objects. In detail, let us discuss the various finishes and materials used to construct the shipping racks.
1. Stainless Steel
Shipping racks with 301, 304 and 316 stainless steel varieties have great resistance to corrosion, chemical and welding procedures. This material withstands most environmental contaminants and is thus safe to store any cargo.
2. Medium Carbon Steel
These shipping racks with AISI 1040 steel have great wear and tear resistance. It has an excellent balance of ductility and is economically the best choice. Medium carbon steel has good weldability and therefore can take various shapes.
Shipping racks made of aluminium are popular as they are light in weight with great strength. They have good electrical conductivity and resistance to corrosion. Welding this material is effortless, which gives rise to a fabulous surface finish.
A. Corrugated Steel
Corrugated steel is low in cost but has an excellent strength to weight ratio. These materials have great levels of corrosion resistance.
B. Wire Mesh
Wire mesh is weightless and is better than normal alloy steel. It has a good tensile strength distribution and configures the appropriate dimension when welding. You will be able to save ten to twenty per cent of your cost by including wire mesh in a shipping rack construction.
Benefits of Shipping Racks
The major benefits of shipping racks are:
- Shipping racks are safe to transport coils and heavy machinery. They eliminate the risk of damage to any goods as they have a secure latch system to hold the items in place. This avoids unnecessary mishaps and works out to be cost-effective.
- Shipping racks are durable and have a long life. Their capability to tolerate and handle any amount of external trauma makes it stand out from the traditional racks. Therefore, they also have limited wear and tear and are not prone to repairs, making them easy to maintain.
- The shipping pallets contain wood. In contrast, shipping racks do not face this problem and do not require any re-investment.
Previously people were facing a lot of wastage in packing material with shipping. They were using plastic and paper to cover the goods during every transit. But shipping racks eliminate these unnecessary expenses on packing. Reach out to slotted angle racks manufacturers in Delhi to know more about the functionalities of storage systems. With a detailed explanation from the article above, you will know why to choose shipping racks and how it plays a great role in making any transport simple.